BARBARA STILLHART-ZIMMERMANN, Partner
University of St.Gallen (lic.oec. HSG), Certified Tax Expert
Barbara Stillhart-Zimmermann provides national and international tax advice to individuals and corporate clients.
She advises high net worth individuals in Switzerland, including private wealth structuring and succession planning, as well as international clients, particularly related to cross-border structuring and private relocations from and to Switzerland. She has in-depth experience with trusts and foundations (including self-declarations).
She also has focus on multinational and local companies regarding tax planning and tax compliance (profit tax, withholding tax and capital duties).
Real estate capital gain tax and transaction tax are also one of her main areas of expertise.
She is member of the board of various Swiss companies.
Her clients appreciate her pragmatic, goal-oriented and diligent approach.
German, English, French
|2016||Partner of BÜHLMANN KOENIG & PARTNER|
|2008||Tax Expert in a major law firm in Zurich|
|2006||Director with a major international bank in Zurich in the Wealth Planning Division|
|1996||Senior Manager with a large international accounting/consulting firm in Zurich with 7 months on secondment in the United States|
|2000||Certified Tax Expert|
|1995||University of St. Gallen, lic.oec. HSG|
- Member of the board of Swiss companies
- Swiss and International Fiscal Association, IFA
Barbara Stillhart-Zimmermann has recently assisted and advised her clients in the following matters:
- Analysis of a Liechtenstein Foundation with beneficiaries in Switzerland, negotiations with the cantonal tax authorities with regard to inheritance tax at maximal rate
- Negotiations with cantonal tax authorities regarding tax treatment of a Swiss resident who is beneficiary of a US trust
- Ongoing tax advice of various wealthy individuals
- Ongoing tax advice of various Swiss companies: financial account planning, tax returns and advice on transactions such as restructurings, acquisitions of participations, etc.
- Advise of a big Swiss AG in connection with a disputed real estate capital gain tax
- Court requalifies capital gain as taxable employment income / International Law Office, August 2015 | PDF
- Steuerfreier Kapitalgewinn und Firmenverkäufe / NZZ, 25. Juni 2015 | PDF
- Tax in Switzerland / Finance Monthly / Interview Januar 2015
- Tax Litigation First Edition 2013 / Co-author / European Lawyer Reference Series, pp. 395-411 | PDF
- Complete list of publications